Friday, March 15, 2013

Gillette Venus & Olay shaver


Hi everyone hope you all having great day so far.

I have a few reviews for you today so hope you find it helpful.

Starting with new Gillette Venus & Olay shaver with interchangeable blades.
I was lucky enough to be included in testing panel of this new shaver courtesy of Super Savvy Me.

Pack info:
Olay Moisture Bars release skin conditioners to help lock in your skin’s moisture and enhance your shave* while Venus‘ 5 blades shave incredibly close.

Pack contains shaver,one blade and suction cup
Widely available also in Boots price £10.99 for pack or £10.99 for 3 pack replacement blades and £20.49 for 6 pack
Great offer in Boots now buy shaver pack and get 3 pack of blades!

My shaving habits I use it all depends on my mood and available time so creams, epilators, shavers electric and manual you name it so if I have a little time razor is great and quick solution and I used previously many of the Venus collection.

My honest opinion what I like about this razor to start with very easy to open pack without scissors what sometimes is so frustrating next bonus like most Venus shavers is suction cup included in pack so no fuss easy to hang on tiles about the razor itself straight away after opening pack can smell lovely sweet honey smell, pearl white and gold design,very sturdy handle with great grip thanks to soft ribbed silicone make shaving safer.
Head is interchangeable with 5 blades and Olay moisturising strips so another bonus no need for shaving cream.Use on gently damp skin and strips release lots of smooth gliding cream so very easy to shave.
I do have dry skin and feels soft and not so dry after shaving like usual.

As far as I like this shaver very much sadly I do have a few dislikes starting with in my opinion does not shave incredibly close I do like put more pressure on shaver for closer shave but because of the moisture strips they do give a bit too much cream (it's more like gel bit like egg white consistency) so shaver glides easily on skin so shave is close but not as close as I would expect. Coming back to the moisture strips are soft and shaved hairs tend to stick to it heavily so need to rinse it thoroughly so part of the cream is rinsed off as well  and as previously stated it gives a bit too much cream so use just on damp skin the wetter skin more cream is released so in practice just after three uses my white moisture strip is almost gone and gold about half left so for price £10.99 for 3 blades just for a few uses each blades is sadly in my opinion a bit of waste of the money as after 3-4 uses blades itself are still very sharp but moisture strips are gone.Last head with moisture strips is generous in size grate to shave legs but  a bit too bulky to shave curvy underarms or bikini area.


Conclusions if moisture strips would be improved this would be my favourite shaver for now I would use it as it is very good comfort shaver but not best for me yet.
Picture just after two uses:



Have you tried it yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment